You must have seen that every Android and iOS device in today’s age comes with GPS right inside it. This is one feature that will be there in every smartphone no matter what the price of that device might be. And that is because of the fact that GPS is the most basic yet most useful feature on every smartphone.
Just for information, the GPS stands for Global Positioning System and it provides accurate geolocation and time information for every equipment that is equipped with a GPS receiver. Now, the best example of using GPS is with services such as Google Maps, Apple Maps, and others where you can see where exactly you are right now on the Map. This is thanks to the GPS receiver which sends a signal to the GPS satellite.
Also read: Best mobile phones under 30000
However, it is also a fact that GPS can be something that becomes an annoyance over time. This is because the GPS receiver present on your device sends the signals to satellite all the time which means your location is being tracked all the time. This happens as long as the GPS on your device is turned on. And once the GPS receiver is on, your location can be tracked and this can not only reveal your location to others, it can be dangerous as someone can follow you without you being aware of it.
Therefore, if you are worried about such a thing then it is best that you turn off the GPS receiver on your device and this will make your location unavailable to the satellite. Now, it is to be noted that turning off GPS on your device, whether it is Android or iOS, is quite easy and can be done in a matter of few taps.
So first of all, we will tell you how to turn off GPS on your Android device.
Steps to turn off GPS on your Android device: Quick Method
- First of all, you have to swipe down on your notification tray to bring down the quick toggles. This is a feature that is available on most Android devices starting from Android 6+.
- From the quick toggles, you will see a toggle named “Location” which is your GPS button. If you see that the “Location” toggle is turned on, tap on it and it will be turned off.
- That’s it. You have just disabled the GPS receiver on your device which means that your location will be hidden.
Steps to turn off GPS on your Android device: Lengthy Method
We have mentioned the quick and easy method of turning off the GPS on your device above. However, there is also another method to turn off GPS on your Android. Here it is –
- For this, you will have to open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Inside the Settings app, you need to scroll down and find the Location section.
- Once you have found the Location section, click on it and disable the “Use Location” toggle at the top by tapping on it.
Now, we know that you might be using an iPhone instead of an Android device and turning off GPS on your iPhone is also easy.
Steps to turn off GPS on your iPhone
- To disable GPS or Location tracking on your iPhone, you will have to open the Settings app.
- Inside Settings, you will need to scroll down and there will be a section named Privacy.
- Tap on Privacy and there will be a section named Location Services.
- Here, make sure that the toggle for your Location Services is disabled if it is already enabled.
This easy method will disable the GPS receiver on your iPhone. So, the location tracking services and mapping services such as Apple Maps will not be able to track your location.
Also read: Top Camera Smartphones