In today’s digital era, the internet and app dependency is growing. This is why people are using multiple email addresses to access various online services. If remembering your email ID is a daunting task for you, and you are constantly wondering, “What is my email address?”, here is a step-by-step guide to finding your email id.
This guide will help you recover email IDs from all leading email service providers, such as Gmail, iCloud, Outlook, etc., using a desktop or mobile phone. However, before diving deep into how to find an email ID, let us first understand what an email id is.
Also read: Best Email Applications For iOS
What is an Email Address?
An email address is a unique identifier for the mail sent over the internet. It is sent in electronic form. Just like physical mail, the sender and receiver of an email also have a unique address referred to as an email address. The email ID has followed the same pattern since its inception. A unique name is followed by @ sign and the domain name.
There are two main ways you can get an answer to your question – what is my email address? Let’s check out.
Also read: How To Create And Use Email Templates In Gmail
Find an email address when you are logged into device
You might be using several email addresses on the same device and forgetting one or many of your email IDs. What to do in such a condition?
Finding your email address if you are logged into the device using a smartphone, laptop, or PC is quite simple.
Also read: How To Reset Gmail Password?
1. New Email Method
Here are the general steps to follow.
- First, open the mail app on your PC, mobile, or website.
- After that, click on Compose -> New Mail.
- So, the new dialogue box incorporating sender and receiver details will open.
- Here you can find a “From” section which will show you your own email ID.
- The above steps are the same for almost all email services, such as Gmail, AOL, Hotmail, etc.
Also read: How To Delete Gmail Account: Easy To Follow Guide
2. Find an email address using the echo service
Have you ever visited any echo points? Then, you must be aware that here you can hear the repetitive sound without any change. Email echo service works in a similar way. First, you need to send an email, and then, you will receive an email addressed to you. Such kind of echo service is made available by Vienna University Computer Centre.
Let’s check out how you can use it.
- First, you must start your email service and compose a new email.
- In the “To” field, you need to enter email@example.com.
- There is no need to enter any subject line or message.
- Now, click on send.
- Wait for some time, and you will get an email with the title – Automatic Response from – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now, open that email and check the “To” section. You will discover your email address here.
Also read: 5 Best Hidden Useful Gmail Settings We Bet You Didn’t Know About
3. How to Find My Gmail Email Address?
If the above methods do not work, you must follow the steps below to find your Gmail email address. These steps work for almost all email apps.
- First, open the Gmail app on your mobile phone.
- After that, click on the profile picture, which is present in the top right corner.
- Here, you can see the list of the logged email IDs.
4. Find Gmail Email Address Through the Chrome Browser
- Open the Gmail app on the Chrome browser on the PC.
- After that, click on the profile picture situated in the upper right corner.
- So, you will be able to see all Gmail addresses on a new popup window.
5. Steps to Find an Email Address On Your Laptop Or Windows PC
- First, open the Mail application on your laptop or Windows personal computer.
- Ensure the sidebar of the email is fully visible.
- Now, click on the hamburger menu button.
- Click on the “Account” section.
- Now, you will be able to see the email address.
- Now, if you are logged in to multiple accounts, you can follow the below steps.
- Click on Compose -> New Email.
- In the “From” and” To” sections, you will be able to see the sender and receiver’s addresses.
Also read: Instagram Login Email: Creation and Recovery Using Simple Steps
6. How to Find My iCloud Email Address?
- Log in to the Apple account using your Apple ID.
- In the Reachable At section, you will be able to see your iCloud email address.
Find an email ID when you are NOT logged in to any device
If you are not logged into any device, it is pretty complicated to find your email address. However, do not worry. We are here to help you with it. Every email service provider provides a recovery service. It will help you in retrieving the lost email IDs.
1. Gmail Recovery
- First, go to the Google account recovery page or find your email page.
- You need to enter the phone number linked to your Gmail account. If you don’t know that, then enter the recovery email.
- After that, click on the Next button.
- Then, enter your first and last name -> click on Next.
- Now, you will get a verification code -> click on Next.
- Enter that 6-digit code on provided mobile number or recovery email address.
- After that, the recovery process will begin.
Also read: Here’s How To Safeguard Yourself From Email And Text Message Scams
2. Microsoft Recovery
- Visit the Microsoft account recovery page, or you can click here.
- Enter your alternate email address or the phone number which is linked to your Microsoft account.
- After that, click on Next.
- Now, enter the 4-digit security code.
- And you will get part of the email address on the next page.
3. iCloud Recovery
- Click on the iCloud email recovery page.
- Now, on the Next page, enter your first and last name and email ID linked to your Apple ID.
- Now, click on the Continue button.
- If you do not remember your email id, you can use your phone number as a substitute.
- Your recovery process will begin. So, follow the on-screen instructions you are getting to recover your email ID.
Also read: 7 Best Gmail Extensions To Make Your Gmail Experience Easier!
To Wrap Up
In summary, these are different ways through which you can get the answer to your question – what is my email address? Hopefully, this guide will help you find your email address. If you feel we have missed out something or have any queries, feel free to connect with us in the comment section below.
Are you on a tight budget but want to buy a new smartphone? You can sell your old mobile phone or recycle your old mobile phone online on Cashify and earn cash from it.