Smartwatches have become all the rage nowadays, and it only makes sense for you to purchase one which is best suited to your needs. Apart from its tracking metrics, a wearable should have a display that has crystal-clear clarity while displaying information. It is known that OLED technology is the most superior visual aid currently in consumer tech, and that’s why you need to purchase the best AMOLED smartwatch instead of settling for any kind of LCD screen.
Whether it’s Samsung, Apple, Noise, or BoAt, you deserve the best display experience on your wrist. There are several price ranges to choose from, and in this list, let’s try and figure out the best AMOLED smartwatches that are available on the market.
Why do you need an AMOLED smartwatch?
Also read: 5 Best Smartwatches Under 4000 In India
There are several reasons why one would prefer an AMOLED screen over the traditional LED or LCD offerings in the market.
- Display Quality: AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode) displays generally are known to always be better at replicating proper image quality as compared to other display technologies. This is because an OLED screen is made from individual LEDs spread across a plan which can light up when required. Not only does it help in power consumption, but OEMs can individually tune the colour profile available to generate the most vibrant output.
- Always-On Display: AMOLED technology actually also enables always-on display mode wherein the screen is allowed to remain active always and even when the battery levels are low. Since an LCD screen uses a technology that illuminates the whole plane and not individual LEDs, this feature cannot be accessed on it.
Also read: AMOLED vs OLED: Which Is Better And Why?
- Power Efficiency: As mentioned above, AMOLED displays have a tendency wherein they consume very less power as compared to LCD screens. This is because when displaying black or dark-colored pixels, each pixel on an OLED screen is individually lit and can be turned off entirely to display true blacks. This is not possible on LCD screens. As a result, smartwatches with AMOLED screens can help optimise battery life, especially when using features like an always-on display or certain watch faces that incorporate more black elements.
- Thickness and weight: AMOLED displays are typically thinner and lighter than LCD displays. This is because they do not require a backlight, which can add bulk and weight to a smartwatch.
- Durability: AMOLED displays are typically more durable than LCD displays. This is because they are not as susceptible to damage from scratches and bumps.
Which Is The Best AMOLED Smartwatch To Buy?
Since the technology used to make OLED panels is a bit expensive, it naturally means that any smartwatch you purchase will also be slightly heavy on your wallet. However, in this list, you will see mentioned smartwatches with AMOLED screens that are available in a variety of price segments, and you can choose which one will actually suit your needs.
1. beatXP Unbound Plus
The beatXP Unbound Plus is an impressive smartwatch with a stunning 1.8-inch AMOLED display, offering vibrant visuals and a sharp resolution of 368*448 px. Its deep blacks and excellent image quality elevate the user experience. With ultra-thin bezels and a brightness level of 1000 nits, the watch ensures exceptional visibility even in bright environments. The sleek metallic frame adds a premium touch to its overall build quality.
2. Fire-Boltt Invincible
This is one of the most budget-friendly smartwatches on the market with a full AMOLED panel. The 35mm 1.39-inch circular display is large enough to display all kinds of information while you are exercising; apart from that, the device also has 15 days of battery life and comes with an Always-on-display while also packing in 8GB of storage.
3. Amazfit GTS 2e
In the sub-Rs, 10,000 markets, Amazfit GTS 2e is a worthy recommendation as one of the best AMOLED smartwatches to buy. The device also has a large rectangular panel for better display capability and a 341ppi pixel density for good, crisp visuals. It is also very long-lasting and has a host of fitness tracking features to appease a whole lot of health enthusiasts.
4. Mobvoi – TicWatch Pro 3 Ultra GPS
This watch, apart from having a high clarity AMOLED panel, the device uses a Dual Display 2.0 technology that runs a layer of lower intensity colours over the original panel. This lets the watch have a staggering 72 hours of claimed battery life. The smartwatch also runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 Platform for maximum performance. Finally, Corning’s Gorilla Glass provides the device with protection that is necessary from a durability standpoint.
5. Apple Watch SE (2nd Generation)
The American technology giant is an industry leader in the wearables segment, and that is thanks in part to its more affordable SE series. The 40mm AMOLED smartwatch works perfectly with iPhone 8 and above and offers exquisite features like Crash Detection, Heart Rate Monitor, Sleep Tracking, and more. It is IP68 water-resistant and has a square display with minimal bezels for ease of viewing.
6. Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro has a 1.4-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 450 x 450 pixels. The display is protected by a sapphire crystal lens, which is one of the hardest materials available, making it very scratch-resistant. The wearable is also highly water-resistant up to 30 meters so that you can wear it in the shower or pool without worry. This is one of the best premium smartwatches available in the premium category
7. Apple Watch Ultra Smartwatch
The Apple Watch Ultra is the most rugged and capable Apple Watch yet. It is also one of the most expensive AMOLED smartwatches on the market. Besides, it comes with an LTPO panel that can bring down the refresh rate to almost 1Hz to conserve battery health. It also has a longer battery life than other Apple Watches, lasting up to 36 hours on a single charge. Finally, the Watch Ultra is extremely durable and is rated for up to 40 meters of depth.
Summary: Best AMOLED Smartwatch
In conclusion, you should very likely get a smartwatch for its visual experience as well as fitness tracking. The best AMOLED smartwatch to buy combines a vibrant display, advanced features, and a sleek design. The stunning visuals on offer, along with extensive functionality and premium build quality, will surely make your wearable experience that much better.