If you want to know how to play Among Us online on PC, you’ve come to the right place. Among Us was released in 2018 but didn’t find much success. The gameplay was fun and unique, but it had a lukewarm response in the market. When the global pandemic hit and brought the world to a standstill, people were stuck at home. This led them to explore social games online that they could play with their friends. Fortunately, Among Us found its audience then and smashed the charts.
The game’s objective is pretty simple. It’s set in a spaceship with crewmates. Out of a certain number of players/crewmates, one of the crewmates will be an imposter. The imposter’s task is to kill all the crewmates without raising any suspicion. The rest of the crewmates will have to survive and communicate to find the imposter. The twist is that anyone could be tagged as an imposter and be thrown out of the match. It’s a tight game of communication, friendship, and betrayal.
Now that you have an idea of the game, you might not want to play it on a small mobile screen. If this is the case, you’ll want to know how to play Among Us online on PC. Fortunately, we’ve got the steps right here!
Also read: 7 Best Websites To Download MOD APKs
Method 1 – Steam
The simplest way to play Among Us online on PC would be to download the game through the Steam client. However, you will have to shell out some money if you want to play the game through Steam. Although the game isn’t very expensive, and the Steam version is optimised for PC, not everyone wants to pay for games. Regardless, here’s what you can do to play Among Us online on PC through Steam.
- You have to download the Steam client onto your PC first. If you can’t find the Steam client website, you can download it from here.
- After you’ve downloaded Steam, you’ll have to set up an account. It’s free and doesn’t take too long. If you have an account already, you’ll just have to log in.
- Once you’ve logged in, search for Among Us on the Steam client.
- After you’ve found the game, you’ll have to purchase it. Purchase Among Us based on your preferred payment method.
- Upon completing the purchase, you’ll receive a confirmation mail as well. The game will be added to the Library section on your Steam account.
- You can visit the Library and download/install the game from there.
Also read: How To Download And Install BGMI MOD APK?
Method 2 – Emulators
Another method to play Among Us online on PC is to play the game through emulators. However, that’s a more complicated process than downloading the game on Steam. There are multiple emulators available that can be used for this purpose. In addition, you’ll have to be extra careful with emulators as some of them like to hog on your PC’s resources. We’ve chosen BlueStacks as our emulator for playing Among Us online on PC as it’s the most popular and works well. You’ll find the steps below to play the game through an emulator.
- You’ll have to download the BlueStacks emulator first. If you can’t find it online, you can use this link.
- After downloading the emulator, install it on your PC.
- Once the emulator has been installed, the app will launch automatically on your PC.
- You can go to the App Center of the BlueStacks emulator and search for Among Us. Choose the option for installing the game.
- The game will install on your PC. Once the process is finished, you can go to the home screen section of the emulator.
- You’ll find the icon for Among Us in the home screen section. Use that to play the game.
A Small Point To Note
With this method, you’re not getting the game’s PC version. You will be playing the Android version of the game on your PC instead. While this may be free, keep in mind that the Android game isn’t optimised for PC usage. Even though your PC’s hardware is much better than the Android hardware, the process is different. This might lead to issues of lag and network connectivity as well. So, before you decide to play Among Us on PC, you’ll have to decide what works best for you.
Among Us is an extremely fun game. With these steps on how to play Among Us online on PC, you can rest assured that you’ll get to play the game. Gone are the days when you’d have to look at a small screen and play the game at lower resolutions. With both of these methods, you’ll be able to play the game the way it’s meant to be played.
Writer, researcher, and avid gamer. Geeks out over postmodern novels and the latest PC games. Usually intends all his puns.