Electricity has fast become one of the basic necessities of our lives. Whether it’s for banking or public transport, almost everything comes under the purview of electricity now. Moreover, considering how tech-oriented Indian households have become in the past five years or so, electricity is a must-have at all times. Thankfully, you no longer have to stand in long queues to pay your electricity bill. Instead, you can sit in the comfort of your room’s air-conditioner and pay the electricity bill through your mobile phone or computer. This article will tell you how to pay electricity bill online in just a few steps.
For the purpose of convenience, most electricity bills, regardless of the electricity boards, can be paid through apps such as Paytm or Freecharge. These financial technology apps now incorporate your UPI ID and bank accounts to make payments much easier and faster. However, you can still pay the electricity bill through official state electricity board websites. In any case, the process remains somewhat the same.
Also read: All BSNL Prepaid Recharge Plans For May 2022
Now, let’s take a look at the steps:
Steps to pay electricity bill online through Paytm
- Open the Paytm app and select the Electricity Bill option.
- Select your State and then pick the relevant electricity board.
- Once you’ve selected the electricity board and the state electricity board’s landing page has loaded, you’ll have to enter your personal information.
- After you input the consumer number, click “Proceed”. You’ll be redirected to a window where you’ll have to input the amount. Click on the “Proceed to Pay” option.
- Now, you have to enter your payment details. Choose any payment method, whether it’s UPI, credit card, or debit card.
- Input your payment details and proceed. If you’ve entered the UPI ID, you’ll just have to provide the UPI PIN. Otherwise, you have to give the OTP that’ll be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Provide the OTP in the field provided and confirm the payment.
Paying electricity bill on official websites
You can also pay your electricity bill through the official website of your electricity provider.
- Go to the electricity provider’s official website for paying electricity bills. For example, this is the website for CESC.
- Enter your Consumer Number in the field provided.
- You may also be asked to input the details shown in a captcha. This is purely for security purposes. If you’re asked to enter the captcha, input it correctly and click on “Next” or “Proceed”.
- All your personal information will be then shown in the next window. Confirm that all the details are accurate and proceed to the bill payment.
- Your bill amount will be shown, and various options for payment will be provided. You can choose your method of payment, enter your details, and complete the electricity bill payment.
With this, your electricity bill will be paid. Always keep a screenshot of the payment details and keep them safe and secure. Ensure that the screenshot contains all the essential information, such as the payment confirmation, the consumer number, and the payment date.
Also read: 5 Easy Tricks To Fix WhatsApp Camera Zoomed In Problem
These were the steps on how to pay electricity bills online. At first, it may seem daunting, especially with the number of steps. However, once you’ve made the payment a couple of times, you’ll understand how easy, fast, and safe the process can be. This online payment method definitely saves us plenty of time and gives us a more accessible alternative for bill payments.
Also read: Govt Sets Up Panel To Regulate Online Gaming: Want To Know Why?
Want to sell your old phone or recycle your old phone? Check out the Cashify website to not miss out on fantastic buyback deals!