YouTube has more than three billion monthly users who view over 40 billion hours of video each month. Meanwhile, the website has over 50 million channels with at least 500 hours of videos uploaded each minute. All these statistics show that the video-sharing platform has the most extensive user and creator base globally. Moreover, YouTube’s large worldwide audience is varied and devoted to the platform. Hence, a YouTube channel is vital for establishing a dedicated following, whether you operate a business or want to build a personal brand.
So, with all of these incredible numbers and to earn money, you also must be wondering how to start a YouTube channel. Running a YouTube channel allows you to be creative and showcase your video editing abilities. Deciding to share your content in the world of YouTube can be a life-changing decision, and we’re sure you’re eager to get started. But first, there are a few things you should know. Sure, you want your videos to become viral. But first, you must understand how to start a YouTube Channel. So, let us take a look at all the steps below.
How To Create A Youtube Channel
To begin with your own Youtube channel, you must first create a Google account. The process to set up a YouTube channel is fairly easy to follow and is also completely free. So first we must learn how we can create a Google account.
How To Create A Google Account
If you are planning to use the Youtube account for business or monetary purposes, then you must create a separate Google ID. Then you can maintain your YouTube account without viewing your personal emails, or creating confusion. Let’s take a look at all the steps to follow.
- To create a Google account, follow this link and enter your details.
- Make sure to use the Youtube channel or business name while selecting the Google username.
- After following all the steps, you can choose to link your mobile number with your Google account or skip this step.
Your new Google account will now be created. We now learn how we can use this Google account to create a Youtube channel.
Also Read: How To Download YouTube Videos on iPhone?
How To Set Up A Youtube Channel
- Go to YouTube’s home page, and log in with your new Google account for your business. Then, click on your avatar/profile in the upper right corner, and then pick Create a Channel from the drop-down menu.
- Youtube also allows the creation of a custom avatar or username for your channel. You can create that from the Gmail account.
- You can choose whether to use the name connected with your email address or to create a new name for your channel.
- Now, add details of your Yiutube channel with your social media handles in the About section of your Youtube channel.
After creating your Youtube channel, you must upload your first video to start your Youtube journey. But, you should change some things up a little before submitting videos to your YouTube account. A profile photo, unique header, and watermark can assist to distinguish your channel. Here’s a little primer to get you started.
- Click on your profile picture again at the top right-hand corner and open Your Channel.
- Now click on the blue header, which says Customize channel.
- You can now click on Create at the top right-hand corner to upload a new video or shoot a new video, straightway from your device.
- You can also upload a profile picture, banner image and custom video watermark for your channel in the Branding section.
There are other details as well which can be added to any Youtube channel. For example, you can add a Channel trailer. The Channel trailer gives viewers who still need to subscribe a sneak peek at your track. A channel trailer should be short and well-edited. It establishes the tone for your YouTube channel and provides a decent indication of what to anticipate from your material. You can get some ideas from YouTube channels with the same genre.
Your YouTube channel and target audience should have a defined emphasis. You should aim for high-quality and crisp videos with optimised titles and perfect featured images. Also, to have a higher chance of building initial momentum on YouTube, stay consistent with your video uploads. YouTube monetization should follow then if you want to regularly earn money from your videos. To be precise, if you want to be considered for YouTube’s monetization scheme, you must have at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 view hours after starting your channel.
Also Read: How To Get More Subscribers On Youtube?
Writer with a knack for the latest gadgets and smartphones. He loves to play football and fiddling around with his PlayStation 5, and always looking to improve himself and help the world make a better place.