Android OS has evolved a lot since its first beta release in 2007. Although, bugs and random crashes are a part of every OS in existence right now. But recently quite a lot of users globally have started reporting ‘Google Keeps Stopping’ Error. This might be because of a buddy update to the Google app or some System UI bug in the Android OS.
The error message can occur anytime while browsing the Google play store or while using any other app. You get a popup stating “Google Keeps Stopping” with options to App Info, Close App or Send Feedback. But whatever you do, the error message will keep reoccurring randomly.
Also Read: Google Play Store Not Working? Here Are The Best Solutions And Fixes
How To Fix ‘Google Keeps Stopping’ Error With These 5 Fixes
So what exactly to do if you get this popup message and how to Fix ‘Google Keeps Stopping’ Error. Here are our 5 methods that can help resolve the issue:
Method 1: Force Stop and Clear Google App Data
You can first try restarting your device and see if it resolves the issue. And if the error message keeps popping up again just follow the below-mentioned steps to clear app data:
1. Navigate to ‘Settings’ menu and look for Apps & notifications.
2. Browse to ‘Google‘ app and click on Force Stop Button.
3. Now navigate to Storage & Cache option.
4. Now click on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
5. Now restart the device
With the process complete the error popup should be fixed and if it pops up again refer to the next Method and perform those steps.
Also Read: 9 Things To Do With Your New Android Phone
Method 2: Uninstall Google App Updates
The next method is to uninstall the recently installed Google app updates that are automatically installed from Google Play Store. This is done to remove the buggy update that might have caused this issue.
1. Navigate to Settings > Apps & notifications > Google
2. At the top right you will see a three-dot menu (App settings).
3. Click on “Uninstall Updates” option. Now click Ok.
Now with the steps complete, restart your smartphone. And the issue should be fixed now.
Method 3: Uninstall the Android System WebView Updates
Another suspected service is Android System WebView and it might also cause the ‘Google Keeps Stopping’ Error.
1. Navigate to Settings > Apps & notifications. Now navigate down and click on See all apps.
2. Look for “Android System WebView” in the list.
3. Click on the three-dot menu at the top right and select Uninstall Updates. Hit Ok.
Now restart your device and the issue should have been fixed now.
Method 4: Check for Android OS updates
If none of the above steps work, the issue might be something with the Android OS on your smartphone. And most probably a new software update should fix this issue. To check for any software updates:
1. Navigate to Settings and navigate to System
2. Now select System Updates and click on ‘Check for Update‘.
3. If any update is available do install it and if it says your system is up to date that means no software updates are available.
Now if any software updates are available, complete the process and this should fix the ‘Google Keeps stopping error’
Also Read: Easy Ways To Fix YouTube Not Working On Android
Method 5: Reset Your Android Device (You will loose all your data)
When nothing works this is the last resort to try and fix the ‘Google Keeps Stopping’ error.
1. Navigate to Settings > Reset Options. Or you can simply search for ‘Reset’ in the settings search bar at the top.
2. Select ‘Erase all data (factory reset)‘ and now click on ‘Erase All Data’.
3. Now it will ask you to enter your lock screen pattern or password.
Once done the smartphone will reset and it will erase all your data including
chat history, media and all the apps. Your phone will be as it was on the first day out of the box. Now you can start setting up your phone and import all your data. This should definitely fix ‘Google Keeps stopping’ error.