The Casio Computer Company invented the first electronic calculator in 1957. Since then, calculators come in many sizes and come pre-packaged with all Smartphones, PCs, and tablets. The calculator app is one of the most basic yet essential apps on your device. Moreover, the default calculator app in Android smartphones today is fairly feature-packed, enough to solve a few difficult equations. However, you haven’t explored the full breadth of calculating power your device is capable of until you’ve tried the Top 7 Calculator apps in this listicle by Cashify.
Everyone needs a calculator on some or other occasion. Because of this, there have been many calculators through the years and they’re pretty easy to find. Most people use them to reason out things like how much to tip at restaurants and students literally must have them for school. Most people won’t need to look for something other than the stock calculator app on their device.
However, if you are looking to do some advanced math with some formulae that require more detailed input, this list will end your search.
1. MyScript Calculator 2
In the MyScript Calculator 2 app, instead of inputting numbers via a keypad, you can just write them on your screen and it will identify them. And this feature is not a mere gimmick. It makes it easier to enter complex calculations like you would on a sheet of paper. If you need to input mathematical symbols, you can just draw them with a free hand. It features intuitive gestures that make it easy to edit or delete calculations.
You can also save the results in your app and reuse them later. Overall, users found this app to be one of the best calculator apps for Android available today. We recommend it to anyone who is looking for a more conventional calculator experience.
1. Clear everything easily by using scratch-out gestures to remove symbols and numbers.
2. Copy, cut, and paste numbers from and to the canvas, the clipboard or an external app.
3. Copy your results to the clipboard or export them to other apps.
4. Fractions: Display results using decimals, fractions or mixed numbers.
5. Multi-line: Continue the same calculation on the next line or write several calculations on multiple lines.
6. Memory: Save results into memory. Reuse them anytime in your calculations.
2. Calculator by Google
If you are looking for a tidy calculator app for classic home and school needs, there’s no finer app out there than the default calculator app made by Google. Its material design UI with clean and colourful elements make it stand out from the crowd. Google’s Calculator is a perfect illustration of good use of material design and user experience.
The app lets you conduct basic calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division with a few advanced features. That would be stuff like trigonometric, logarithmic, and exponential operations. It’s not for people who are looking for extra abilities but for users with simple needs.
1. You can do calculations with variables and constants
2. You can use built-in functions or add your own
3. It is possible to integrate and differentiate
4. You can do calculations with fractions and simplify expressions
5. You can do calculations with complex numbers
3. Stylish Calculator for Android
The Stylish Calculator lets you choose a colourful, stylish theme to brighten your day while you calculate with ease for free. This calculator delivers all the standard plus scientific calculator functions in a straightforward, stylish and easy-to-use app. Download this excellent calculator for free.
1. Beautiful and intuitive interface with gesture-based control and navigation
2. See instant results of your calculations as you enter them
3. Swipe up on the keypad to reveal a scientific keypad
4. Swipe down on the display to see the calculation history
Scalar is beyond a typical calculator. This is a powerful math machine and math scripting platform, that unites the simplicity of classic calculators with the flexibility of modern, computer-assisted scripting. Scalar can define arguments and functions, as well as use them in subsequent calculations, expressions and functions graphs. Also, Advanced Math has never been easier. You will see its prowess shortly after looking at its available screens and options.
1. Standard & Advanced Scientific Calculator
2. Extremely convenient calculator keyboard
3. Re-usage of previous calculations, just reference a constant that was created for your convenience.
4. Work saving and results sharing.
5. GeoGebra Calculator App
GeoGebra focuses on solving the diagram functions used in geometric functions. Using GeoGebra, you can do calculus, statistics, geometry, and algebra. Moreover, this app has a very simple interface, which makes it very easy to create diagrams and shapes. Furthermore, graphs can be created by dragging & falling shapes and you get complete power to control the graphs using your fingers. All the mathematical controls are available to use, providing you to control over your graphs.
1. Build tables of values
2. Solve equations
3. Find derivatives and integrals
4. Explore transformations with sliders
6. HiPER Scientific Calculator App
HiPER is a Scientific Calculator app that has a huge amount of functionality that even includes formula and graph writing. And you can also enter different values that are necessary for your calculations.
This is one of the most interesting calculators, which is designed for users with a mathematical mind.
It is not just a tool for everyday calculations, but a real, full-fledged engineering calculator. Often seen on the device of a math class pupil, a mathematical branch tutor, or a researcher in the lab.
The application has two main advantages:
- It displays the outcomes of intermediate calculations as they are typed in the input line.
- This calculator builds precise graphs and generates values along a coordinate axis.
Moreover, with the help of this calculator, you can find the coordinates of intersection points, find out their value, display the formula, and save it in the app’s memory. In general, this application is perfect for different computational operations.
1. From the available values, you can enter fractions, degrees, symbols, integrals, complex numbers, and much more.
2. An inexhaustible number of brackets, derivatives, complex numbers, coordinates, minutes, degrees, seconds, and more are also accessible.
3. View the full history of operations that you have performed in this application, you can enable full-screen mode.
4. It is especially convenient to use on tablets.
7. All-In-One Calculator
All In One calculator app is designed with simplicity in mind and it helps you solve everyday problems. From simple or complex calculations to unit and currency conversions, percentages, proportions, areas, volumes and more, it does it all. Moreover, the app is completely free and is the perfect calculator for all your needs.
1. Featuring over 75 FREE Calculators and Unit Converters packed in with a Simple or Scientific Calculator, it’s the only calculator you will need from now on, on your device.
2. Learn by seeing step-by-step solutions to your calculations.
3. See Calculation history.
4. Has a Simple or Scientific layout.
5. Smart search for faster navigation.
6. Instant results are delivered as you type.
Those were the top 7 Android Calculator Apps we handpicked based on features, advanced math, accessibility, and user ratings! Which one do you plan to use, and to calculate what? Let us know in the comments below!
An Entrepreneur and Freelancer, I am a Generalist who dabbles in everything. From green tech to education for underprivileged children, I pitch in my diverse skillset wherever it may send ripples, in the hope of making waves.