Smartphones are becoming complex with every passing year. However, smartphone makers ensure you don’t have to stress much learning the functionalities of the phone. And there is this latest trend that has been added by the makers- there are always two ways to perform the same tasks in smartphones. That being said, there are a couple of ways through which you can clear your phone’s cache, delete apps or even turn it off.
The reason behind this is the increasing complexity of hardware issues and software glitches. As a result, Android and iPhone makers have become more conscious and offer you multiple paths to reach the same destination. Now, this comes in handy when you can’t take one particular way. For example, what if your iPhone’s power button is not working? How to turn off iPhone without using the power button? Read this article till the end to find out.
How to turn off iPhone without Power button?
The simplest way to turn off iPhone without power button is through Settings. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone and Select General.
- Now, swipe down till the end to find “Shut Down”. Tap on it.
- On the next screen, swipe the power off slider from left to right, and you are done.
How to turn off iPhone using Assistive Touch
Another way to turn off iPhone without power button is by enabling assistive touch. You can again do this via Settings. Here’s how:
- Open Settings and tap on General.
- Now, select Accessibility.
- On the next screen, scroll down to find Assistive Touch. Toggle it on.
- You can set the shortcut options in the Assistive touch like opening the power off slider, locking the screen, adjusting volume, etc.
Assistive touch is the best way to perform certain tasks on iPhone without having the need to use Buttons physically.
Pro Tip- How to turn on iPhone without Power button?
You might wonder turning iPhone off is easy without power button, but how can you turn on iPhone without a physical power button or in case your power button is not responding well. Well, here’s the thing- iPhone makers give you the liberty to turn on iPhones with the help of a USB cable. Simply just connect your iPhone with your laptop or computer using the USB cable, and it will turn the phone on. Note that, this feature might not work in the case of a wall charger.