Are you wondering how to Create WhatsApp Channel? If yes, then this article is for you! WhatsApp has created a new way for people to stay updated on the things they like and admire straight from WhatsApp itself. Users can now Follow their favourite WhatsApp channels that are of interest to them and get updates such as information, important links, photos, videos, etc.
All the updates from WhatsApp channels will appear on a different “Updates” tab on WhatsApp, which is away from your chat list. This way, WhatsApp has made an attempt to give the benefit of Whatsapp Channels to users and, at the same time, make things more organised by keeping the tabs separate.
The updates from WhatsApp channels are different from the normal messages one may receive on WhatsApp chats. They are more like one-way broadcast messages that you can’t reply to. However, you can choose to react to those messages you receive.
Yes, you heard that right! When you choose to follow a Channel, no one – your friends or anyone else will know which channels you have decided to follow. It will be like a private list of things you like or care about. Even people who are following the same channel will not get to see the list of followers of that channel, so it all stays private. This is a good step from WhatsApp towards users’ privacy and helps them stay updated on what they care about.
And if you are worried that admins will get to see your details. Worry not! Because admins can see your profile photo next to your emoji reactions in their messages. They cannot see your full phone number or profile name unless they have your details already saved on their phone. Interesting, isn’t it?
Now that we know all the information regarding WhatsApp channels, let’s start creating a WhatsApp channel.
How To Create WhatsApp Channel?
Before you start to create your WhatsApp Channel, make sure that the version of your WhatsApp is updated to the latest version from the Play Store. The process to creating the channel is Here is the full step-by-step process for creating your own WhatsApp Channel:
- First, you need to open WhatsApp Web (You can also do this on your Android or iPhone by opening the WhatsApp App) to create a WhatsApp Channel.
- Click on the Channels by clicking on the icon of Channels.
- Now that you have entered Channels, you need to find the ‘+’ icon and Click on it to create WhatsApp Channel.
- Give your Channel a name to finish the setup. One thing to note is that you can always change the name of the channel later on.
- You can also customise your channel according to the kind of audience you are catering to. You can add a description for your channel that perfectly describes what your channel is all about. You can also give your channel an icon of your choice to appeal more to your audience.
- After doing all this, finish the setup and voila! You’re done!
Please note that you can also share the channel link with another platform as well. Simply go to your Channel and then click on Channel’s name. You will find a link which you can copy and share with people.
Also Read: You Can Now Buy iPhone 15 At This Price!
Share Updates On Your WhatsApp Channel
The process of sharing an update on your newly made WhatsApp Channel is simple. You can share updates with your followers just like you send a WhatsApp message to your family and friends. However, there are some things that you must keep in mind.
- New Followers can see your updates history of the last 30 days.
- Make sure to keep the text updates short, crisp, and to the point.
- When directing users to a link, make sure the link is safe; otherwise, it can result in a report or ban of your channel by WhatsApp.
- Share information that is correct and up to date to increase your follower base.
Following all these things will make your channel a safe and useful place for your followers.
In the end, I can say that WhatsApp Channels have a lot of potential for people to share updates with their followers. Users can also stay updated on the latest happenings right from the app, and that too privately. One thing to note is that WhatsApp has just started rolling out this feature, and there are chances that it will take time to fully roll it out for everyone, so you might need to wait for some time before you get the feature. Do let me know what you think about this new feature of WhatsApp and how it can benefit you.
Thinking of buying a refurbished device? Cashify is the best place in India to Buy Refurbished Mobile Phones! Trust Cashify to make a smart choice today and save money!
A passionate Tech Writer with a strong knack for converting complex Tech concepts into easy terms for my audience. A lifelong learner who is always up for coffee and a good conversation. Let's stay connected and stay updated on the latest happenings together!