Table Of Contents
- 15G to Boost IoT Module Sales
Highlights of the Story
- IoT refers to physical objects that have sensors, processing power, software, and other technologies.
- 5G shipments to overtake 4G by 2028 to become the leading technology in the global cellular IoT module market.
- Global cellular IoT module shipments are expected to cross 1.2 billion units by 2030.
With 5G penetration set to pick up in a year or two, this could enable the global IoT market to expand. Emerging 5G networks is likely to accelerate IoT module shipments to more than 1.2 billion units by 2030, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12 per cent as per the Counterpoint Research‘s newest Global Cellular IoT Module Forecast. During the period 2022-2030, 5G will be the fastest-growing technology (60 per cent), followed by 4G Cat 1.
Physical items with sensors, computing power, software, and other technologies that link and share data with other devices and systems across communications networks like the internet are IoTs. Smart light bulbs and refrigerators are examples of Internet of Things gadgets. According to Counterpoint, cumulative 5G shipments (excluding 5G RedCap) will reach 2.5 billion devices by 2030, representing a 60 per cent CAGR.
5G to Boost IoT Module Sales
According to the report, the worldwide cellular IoT industry will move from 4G to 5G in the coming years. In the Internet of Things market, this transformation will be faster than the change from 2G/3G to a low-power wide-area network (LPWA)/4G. In the worldwide cellular module market, 5G will be the most popular technology. It will be followed by narrow band-IoT and 4G Cat 1.
Talking about the dynamic nature of the market, Soumen Mandal says, “2G, 3G networks are phasing out over the world. Due to this, most demand has shifted to LPWA, 4G Cat 1, and 4G Cat 1 bis technologies now. In sections of Asia, particularly China, and Europe, NB-IoT will continue to be popular. Whereas, 4G Cat-1-based modules will grow in the next years.”
According to the research organisation, industries will witness the deployment of 6G technology for the Internet of Things before the end of the decade. However, in the early years, this will be confined to high-end applications such as business and broadband.
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.