You must be using WhatsApp but do you know there are some cool WhatsApp hacks that will keep you hooked to the platform even more? Yes, you heard it right! The app comes with plenty of features and majority of the people might not have unlocked all of them. So, we decided to curate a list of the best WhatsApp hacks that will certainly help you make the most out of this instant messaging platform.
Say, for example, disabling the last seen or hiding your WhatsApp DP, however, these are just the basic tricks. In this article, we have talked about some of the unique WhatsApp hacks that you must know about. So, without any further ado, let’s begin.
Top WhatsApp Hacks You Probably Did Not Know
Here, have a look at the best WhatsApp hacks and tricks.
1. Read a message without the other person knowing
Okay, so you have received a message and you want to read it but don’t want the sender to know about the same? Well, we have got your back. Of course, you can turn off the Read receipts, but that will disable the blue tick for all the messages and not just one. But worry not! We have got a better solution- The Airplane mode. Learn here, how this will help:
- When you receive any message, do not read it.
- Instead, turn on the Airplane mode.
- Now, Open WhatsApp and go to that particular chat, read the message and finally, close the app.
- Then, turn off the Airplane mode.
So now, even though you have read the message, the other person won’t get to see the blue tick. However, here is a catch- the tick will turn blue when you launch WhatsApp again. So, if you do not want the sender to know, stay away from WhatsApp until you can.
2. Send the same message to multiple contacts at the same time
Coming to one of the best WhatsApp hacks of all time- sending a message to a bunch of contacts at the same time. No, we are not talking about Group chat. That is another thing. Here, we are talking about the Broadcast list. Broadcasting lets you send the same message to multiple contacts without any of them knowing. Here’s how to do so:
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Tap on the three dots at the top right corner of the home screen.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, click on New Broadcast.
- Now, select the contacts to whom you want to send the message.
- Next, type the text and hit on Send.
- The message will be sent to all of them at once.
3. Find out who you text the most
This is undoubtedly one of my favourite WhatsApp hacks. WhatsApp lets you know whom you have texted the most and which chat is taking most of the memory. Learn here, how to check this:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Click on the three dots present at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, click on Settings> Storage and Data> Manage Storage.
- You will see the chat names there with whom you have interacted the most.
4. Bold, italicize or Cross-out a text
You might have seen some texts that you get on WhatsApp are bold, italicized or just have been crossed out using a line. Ever wondered, how that is done? Well. it’s no big deal and you can do it too. Here’s how:
If you want to make any text bold, simply put the asterisk (*) sign before and after the word. Like this – *Hello* and when you will hit send, the text will be sent as “Hello“.
To italicize a word, you need to add the underscore sign before and after the word like this _Hello_ and the message will be sent like Hello.
If you wish to strike through any text, you need to add this “~” symbol before and after the text like this ~Hello~ and you will get the result as
5. Stop media saving on your phone
You must have noticed any image or video that you receive on WhatsApp gets saved on your phone too, thereby clogging up the memory. But you can stop it! Here’s how:
- Go to WhatsApp.
- Click on Settings> Chats> Turn off “Save incoming media” and it’s done.
6. Find messages within a chat
There are times when you need to find a particular address, number or text within a chat. Instead of scrolling through the entire conversation, you can simply jump to that particular text. Here’s how.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to the particular chat.
- Click on the three dots at the top-right corner. In the drop-down menu that appears, click on Search.
- In the Search tab, type the particular word and hit Ok.
- Now, all texts containing that word will be shown on the screen.
7. Turn on disappearing messages
Another thing that you can do with WhatsApp is you can turn on the disappearing messages. This means the messages that you will send to a particular chat will get deleted in seven days automatically.
- Go to the WhatsApp chat for which you want to enable this option.
- Now, click on the chat info, and scroll down a bit to find the Disappearing messages option.
- Toggle it on and you are done.
8. Make use of the View Once feature
Now, you can send images or videos on WhatsApp that can be viewed or opened just once. After that, the image won’t open. This feature has been added keeping security functions in mind.
- Simply, go to the WhatsApp chat and select any photo or video that you want to share.
- Next to the send button, you will see a small icon like this (1).
- Click on it and hit the send button.
9. Swipe to reply
Instead of long pressing the text to reply to it, now you can simply swipe the message and reply. This can be done in a jiffy and is one of the best WhatsApp hacks that we have known. Simply, swipe any message from left to right and you will see the reply tab.
10. Customize alert tones for different groups
You can also set different notification tones for different groups. This feature comes in handy if you do not wish to check the phone time and again to see in which group you are getting messages.
- Click on the group info of any of your WhatsApp groups.
- Scroll down a bit to find Custom Notifications.
- Click on it and set the desired tone.
- Now, every time you will get messages in this group, a particular tone will play.
So, you see, WhatsApp is much more than you might have thought and it’s time, you make use of these WhatsApp hacks to stay ahead of your friends and family. Hopefully, this article will help you find what you are looking for. You can also check our other posts on WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook and make the most out of these social media platforms.
Engineer by Degree, Writer by Profession. I have tried my hands on different genre of writing only to end up finding technology to be my forte.