We all have done it at some point- accidentally splashed water on our smartphones. You might have gotten drenched in the rain or jumped into a pool, forgetting you have the phone in your pocket. Most of us would admit to having a water-damaged phone. Even if you are using a water-resistant phone, chances are the water might sneak inside the internal components like speakers. But you can fix the water clogging issue on smartphone speakers.
You might be surprised to know there are certain third-party apps that can help you take water out of the speakers. Wondering how it is possible? Read this post till the end, and you will have your answers.
Cashify is here to fix the issues you face, issues related to your tech gadgets. Furthermore, you can also watch this reel to fix water clogging issues on smartphone speakers.
Ways to fix water clogging issue on smartphone speakers
Before we talk about our tested methods to fix water clogging issues on smartphone speakers, here’s what you can do meanwhile:
- First of all, switch off the device and remove the SIM card and memory card (if any).
- Now, wipe the phone using a clean, dry microfiber cloth.
- Place your phone in a way that the speaker is facing downwards; tap the phone gently or shake it to remove water droplets on the exterior.
If none of this work, you could try the following solutions to fix the water clogging issue on smartphone speakers.
Method 1: Third-Party App
Certain smartphones have built-in speaker cleaning features. So, before downloading any third-party app, you must check your phone’s settings for any similar option.
For an MIUI device, go to Settings>Additional Settings>Clean speaker.
Additionally, the Play Store is flooded with plenty of speaker cleaning applications. All of these, more or less, work similarly.
- Go to the Play Store and search for Speaker cleaner.
- Choose any application from the list and install it. We would recommend checking the reviews and ratings before installing any application.
- Now, install the application. Once done, open it and grant the permissions it requests you to.
- Now, tap on the Clean speaker option and follow the instructions as shown on the screen.
- Almost all apps like these will ask you to put your speaker volume to the maximum. Do it and place the phone upside down.
Note: Your phone must not be connected to any headphones.
6. Now, the app will start playing a high-pitched sound, and the water droplet will start coming out of the speakers. Keep repeating this step till the time you are sure all water has been ejected out.
You can cross-check by playing any music or song and checking the quality of the speakers.
Also Read: How To Format Phone- The Factory Reset Way!
Method 2: Keep smartphone in uncooked rice
It might appear silly to you, but it is the most traditional method to fix the water clogging issues on smartphone speakers. Switch off your smartphone and put it inside a container of uncooked rice. Leave your phone like that for a couple of hours and check back if all the moisture has gone. Once you are satisfied, you can start using your phone again.
Note: This is a time-consuming process.
Method 3: Visit a service centre
Lastly, if none of the tricks works, you might need to visit your nearest service centre. Sometimes, water reaches deep inside the speaker grill and only a technician can help you fix that.