Redmi Note 10T 5G First Impressions: Should You Buy?
Highlights of the Story
- Redmi Note 10T 5G launched in India.
- It is priced at Rs. 12,999 in India.
Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G.
When we looked at the design, we can say that by far under the price tag of Rs. 15,000, Redmi Note 10T 5G is one of the most good-looking smartphones. The phone looks very premium and is still very compact in the hands. If you are someone who uses their phone single-handedly, then you will love the size of the Redmi Note 10T 5G. There is no glass back in the phone and it comes with a polycarbonate plastic back. However, the Mint Green colour of the phone that we had comes with a Matte Finish which is also fingerprint-resistant. This makes the overall design look quite impressive.
The camera module is also a bit different from other phones in the Redmi Note 10 series. However, the change is a positive one as this camera module is more fashionable. We would not say that Redmi Note 10T 5G is the lightest phone in this segment but the weight distribution of this phone is quite appreciable. Also, if you were looking for a 3.5mm headphone jack in this segment, this phone is a perfect choice. You also get Redmi’s signature feature besides the headphone jack which is an IR blaster. You also get a side-mounted fingerprint sensor on the power button which works flawlessly most of the time.
Redmi Note 10T 5G comes with a Full HD+ IPS LCD display which is a downgrade from other smartphones in the Redmi Note 10 series. However, there is a lot in the display section so let us talk about that. You get a 90Hz Adaptive Sync Refresh Rate on the Redmi Note 10T 5G which works buttery smooth and yet is power efficient. The screen refresh rate keeps switching between 50Hz, 60Hz and 90Hz depending on the activities of the phone like gaming, watching videos or daily usage. This makes efficient use of the battery because using a 90Hz refresh all the time can consume almost double the battery power.
Also Read: iQOO Z3 Camera Review
Redmi Note 10T 5G sports a mid-range chipset. You get a MediaTek Dimensity 700 based on a 7nm process on this phone. You will get LPDDR4X RAM and UFS 2.2 storage speeds on the Redmi Note 10T 5G which results in great outputs in daily usage of the phone. The app load time of the phone is great as well and the phone is quite smooth. There is a dedicated Game Turbo 3.0 Mode which makes gaming even better.
Software or UI
Redmi Note 10T 5G comes with minimum third-party apps which are easy to uninstall. The third-party notifications have also been reduced a lot as compared to the older Xiaomi phones. Xiaomi is trying its best to reduce the bloatware even in its budget phones these days. We might soon see a clean UI in upcoming Xiaomi phones.
Also Read: Vivo V21e 5G Review
Redmi Note 10T is the first 5G phone from Xiaomi. In fact, it is the first budget handset from Redmi to support 5G connectivity in the budget price range. Along with MediaTek Dimensity 700, you get an Integrated 5G Modem in Redmi Note 10T 5G. This makes the phone capable of Dual 5G which simply means that you will be able to use 5G on both the SIM cards as soon as 5G is rolled out in India. You get the 5 most common Sub-6 GHz in Redmi Note 10T 5G which are N1, N3, N40, N77 and N78 Sub-6 GHz 5G bands.
Dual stereo speakers remain missing in the Redmi Note 10T 5G. In this phone, you get a Single Bottom Firing Loudspeaker. However, to compensate for this part, the phone comes with Hi-Res Audio certification which offers an enhanced audio experience. The phone comes with a Hybrid SIM slot which is not liked by many people because they use two SIM cards. The 33W fast charging which was given in Redmi Note 10 series is now downgraded to 18W charging in Redmi Note 10T 5G. You get a 22.5W charger in the box but the charging support is only up to 18W. Due to this, the charging time has increased to charge the 5,000mAh battery.
Also Read: Realme X7 Max 5G Review
Why Redmi Note 10T?
However, we would not deny the fact that there are a lot of options available in the market at this price range. No doubt, there are a lot of alternatives available but Redmi Note 10T 5G is a future proof phone and it comes with 5G capabilities. If you are looking for a 5G phone under the price tag of Rs.15,000, then you can go for Redmi Note 10T 5G.
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…