After vaccinating the frontline workers, India had its second phase of vaccination. For now, senior citizens (above 60 years) and people aged 45 or older with comorbidities will get the vaccination. This phase aimed to cover around 10 crore people, seeing over 29 lakh eligible beneficiaries registering themselves on day 1. Moreover, a user guide to help citizens register on CoWIN and book their appointment is now available.
Also Read: What Is End To End Encryption In WhatsApp?
Furthermore, the beneficiaries can visit – http://www.cowin.gov.in – to register themselves. In addition, you can also do it on Co-Win 2.0 portal or via the Aarogya Setu app, which has CoWIN app integration. The registrations opens at 9 am and will be open till 3 pm every day.
Follow the steps below to register for vaccination via Aarogya Setu:
- Download the Aarogya Setu app on your mobile phone for Android or iOS.
- See if it correctly displays your Covid status.
- On the Aarogya Setu app homepage, go to the ‘CoWIN’ tab.
- Under the CoWIN icon, you can see four options – Vaccine Information, Vaccination, Vaccination Certificate, Vaccination Dashboard. Tap on the “Vaccination” tab and then select the “Register Now” option.
- Put your mobile number and then click on “proceed to verify”.
- Enter the OTP and again select “proceed to verify”.
- Once the number verification is done, you will have to upload a photo ID card type (govt ID/voter ID card/Aadhaar, etc). Also, you can register a maximum of 4 beneficiaries through the Aarogya Setu app.
- On the following page, you will need to submit proof of eligibility. Those above 60 are eligible. People age between 45 years to 59 years will have to upload a doctor’s certificate as proof of comorbidity. The Centre lists 20 comorbidities that are under Covid-19 vaccination.
- You can also check for vaccination sites by state, district, block, and pin code. The date and availability will be displayed. Select the “book” option.
- Once registered successfully, you will receive an SMS with the appointment details.
Follow the steps to get vaccination appointment on CoWIN portal
- Go to Cowin.gov.in website.
- Enter your mobile number and click on the OTP (One Time Password). Enter the OTP received on your mobile number and click on the verify button.
- Now, a registration page will appear where you will need to enter the photo ID type, number, and your full name on it. You also need to enter the gender and age of the person.
- If the person you are registering for is a senior citizen, click on the register button. If you are registering a person with comorbidities, you have to click on yes when it asks “Do you have any comorbidities (pre-existing medical conditions)”. People age between 45 years to 60 years will need to carry a medical certificate when they go for the appointment. Once registered, a confirmation message will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- After the registration process, the system will display account details. One person can add four more people linked to the mobile number entered before. You can click on the ‘Add button’ and enter the details of other individuals to register for them as well.
- In front of the registered names’ account details, you will see a column named “Action”. Below it, you will see a calendar icon, click on it to schedule an appointment.
- You will be taken to the “Book Appointment for Vaccination” page. Now, enter details like State/UT, District, Block, and Pincode. Once all these details are entered, click on the “Search” button.
- A list of vaccination centers will appear depending on your location. You can choose one of them and then see the vaccination dates available at these centers. You can also choose dates from the next week and then click on the “Book” option.
- An “Appointment Confirmation” page will open showing the details of the booking. You can either click on “Confirm” if the information is correct or click on “Back” to make some changes.
- In the end, an “Appointment Successful” page will appear showing all the details. You can download and save the confirmation of the vaccination details.
Vaccination for children
Vaccine for children, third shorts for healthcare personnel, and elderly individuals are part of India’s COVID Vaccination Drive through CoWin.
According to the 2011 census, more than 20 million people are waiting for the first dosage and booster doses of the Covid-19 vaccine as India plan to extend the programme by CoWin. In addition, there are around 7.4 million teenagers between the ages of 15 and 18 and over 13 million seniors over the age of 60 who are potential boosters.
Make a reservation for your vaccination appointment. Even if it’s a different type of vaccine, such as Covaxin by Bharat Biotech or the Russian vaccine Sputnik or Covishield by Serum Institute of India, the end goal of each vaccine is the same: to keep you healthy.
Also Read: How To Type In Hindi On WhatsApp!
Marketer to the core, a writer from the soul. Engineer and an MBA turned budding tech writer - dabbling her hands in all genres of writing from tech to fiction. If not writing, you will always find me reading anything and everything. Otherwise, you will find me learning new languages.