The home screen of your iPhone may accommodate a large number of apps. While this is useful for rapidly opening any app at any time, it may also cause your screen to be cluttered with many app icons or widgets. Fortunately, Apple provides several options for managing your home screen with the latest iOS updates. Not only can you move and organise applications into folders, but you can even remove them entirely from the home screen. These solutions are compatible with all current iOS and iPadOS, including iOS 16 and above. So, we now learn how to hide apps on any Apple iPhone or iPad quickly with some easy methods. Let us begin.
1. How To Hide Apps On Any iPhone Using Folders
While it is not possible to entirely conceal applications on any iPhone or other Apple devices, you can make them more difficult to discover. Hiding applications will also save up space on your home screen, allowing you to avoid seeing apps you don’t use very frequently. The most common way to follow this is via using folders or categorising all your apps. So let us learn how to do that.
- Go to the home screen of your iPhone or iPad and then tap and hold any app you want to hide.
- From the available options, select Edit Home Screen.
- You can then drag that app to any other app icon. This will create a new folder on your iPhone’s home screen containing the two applications.
- After opening the newly created folder, drag the app you want to hide to the right. You may accomplish this by dragging the programme to the folder’s right side. This will open a new folder window in which you can hide the programme.
- Finally, touch Done on any vacant spot on your screen. This will be shown in the upper-right corner of your screen.
Your new folder with the app you want to hide will now be created.
2. How To Hide A Single App On Any iPhone
You can also hide a single application on any iPhone or iPad by followings some basic steps.
- Press and hold the app icon for the app you wish to hide from your home screen.
- When all the option displays, choose Remove App.
- Then, click the option to Remove from Home Screen.
Once that app is hidden, the app icon will be removed from your home screen. But the application still remains in the App Library.
Also Read: How To Check iPhone Warranty In 2 Minutes?
3. How To Hide Multiple Apps On Any iPhone
Concealing a complete Home Screen page of applications is arguably the simplest approach to hiding numerous apps. If you’re seeking a technique to hide several apps, you can drag all the applications you want to hide onto a single Home Screen page before proceeding, with the steps to follow. Let us now take a look at all the steps.
- To hide multiple apps, press and hold anywhere on your Home Screen. Then above the Dock apps, select the Home Screen dot icon.
- A little icon view of your Home Screen pages will appear.
- Tap the checkbox beneath the page to completely remove it from your home screen setup.
- If you want to undo this action and wish to view all of these apps, follow the above steps once again. Then, tap on the empty circle symbol to add a tick.
- Now tap on Done.
4. How To Hide Apps From iPhone Search History Or Suggestions
You may use the iPhone Search box to search for applications or information on your smartphone from a single location. However, as previously said, the hidden programmes remain in the App library. Hence, this might result in hidden applications on your iPhone appearing in search results or suggestions when you don’t want to view them. So let’s see how we can solve this problem.
- Open the Settings app and then tap on Siri & Search.
- Now open the App list option and then tap on the app you want to hide from search history.
- The app’s all options will now show up. You can now select to turn off Show App in Search. Also, you can turn off Show Content in Search.
- Through this option, you also toggle to turn off all notifications from the hidden app, by selecting Suggestion Notifications.
Further, to disable app notifications on your iPhone, navigate to Settings and then Notifications. Then scroll down, choose the app, and press the Allow Notifications slider. When the slider is grey, it means the notifications for that app are disabled now.
5. How To Hide Apps On App Store Purchase Log
To hide any app from App Store history or Purchase history, there are some basic steps to follow. Open the App Store on your iPhone and hit the Today tab to conceal an app from your App Store history. Let us take a look at the remaining steps.
- On your iPhone, launch the App Store app.
- Then, tap the symbol for your profile. This will be shown in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Then open the Today tab.
- Then choose Purchased. All the free and purchased apps from the App Store will be shown now.
- Select any app you want to hide, and swipe to the left to Hide.
- After selecting a single app or multiple apps, you can hide them one by one and tap on Done.
Most of the time, concealing or hiding applications on iOS has no effect on their behaviour or usefulness. They continue to get automatic updates (provided you have them enabled), take up the same amount of storage space as if they were on a home screen, and launch at the same speed as if they weren’t hidden.
All these methods also ensure that you can unhide any of these apps anytime, and they won’t be uninstalled without your permission. Usually, apps which are not used by users or take up the home screen space can be uninstalled also, but hiding them is also really suitable if you have large storage space on your Apple iPhone.
Writer with a knack for the latest gadgets and smartphones. He loves to play football and fiddling around with his PlayStation 5, and always looking to improve himself and help the world make a better place.