Were you excited to download and install Google Play Store on your Amazon Fire Tablet? But, Amazon’s Fire Tablet series only allows you to use the Amazon App Store and no other applications store? The interesting thing is that Amazon’s Fire Tablet runs on Fire O.S., a custom-built Google’s Android software. So, there is a loophole to this situation wherein you can download and install Google Play Store on Amazon Fire Tablet and easily use it. The Application on Google Play Store will give a lot more than the Amazon App Store, including the daily use apps like Gmail, Google Maps, Google Chats and whatnot.
The good news is that downloading Google Play Store on your Amazon Fire Tablet is not so complicated that you will have to do some coding or hacking. All you need is the correct APK file that you can search on the Fire Tablet’s Web application itself, and you can then install the APK file of the Google Play Store just like your other Android-based devices.
Important Note- We strongly recommend that if in case you have a microSD card inserted in your Amazon Fire Tablet, then kindly remove it before the Google Play Store’s installation process because if you do not remove the microSD card, then there are chances of you losing your data during the Google Play Store installation process. Once the installation is done, you can insert the microSD card into the Fire Tablet again.
1) Downloading the APK of the Google Play Store
Important Note: Ensure that your Amazon Fire Tablet is no older than the 2014 edition as this installation process will not work with the older Amazon Fire Tablets because you need to enable the ‘Apps From Unknown Sources’, which was not found in Fire Tablet’s edition older than 2014.
1) Navigate to the ‘Settings‘ app from the Fire Tablet.
2) Click open the ‘Settings‘ on the Home tab. and navigate your way to the ‘Security & Privacy‘ option.
3) Select and click on the ‘Apps From Unknow Sources‘.
4) Now, locate the Silk Browser and turn ON ‘Allow From This Source.’ Now it will allow us to install an application from beyond the Amazon App Store.
Now with turning ON the ‘Allow From This Source‘ now, we can proceed ahead and find the APK files that will be needed for the Google Play Store to be downloaded and installed on the Amazon Fire Tablet.
To know which Amazon Fire Tablet model you own, go to Settings > Device Options > About Fire Tablet, and you will see your ‘Device Model‘. To know the Fire O.S. version, go to Settings > Device Options > System Updates.
We can download the proper files by knowing the Device Model. Copy and paste the links below into the Silk Browser on your Amazon Fire Tablet. Remember, we are merely downloading the files, so do not open them beforehand.
You need to download these 4 APKS on your Amazon Fire Tablet-
1) First would be the Google Account Manager
- Google Account Manager v7.1.2 – Compatible with Amazon Fire Tablet H.D. 10 (9th Gen, 11th Gen), Amazon Fire Tablet 7 (9th Gen), Amazon Fire Tablet H.D. 8 (8th, 10th Gen)
- Google Account Manager v5.1 – Compatible with Amazon Fire Tablet H.D. 10 (7th Gen and older), Amazon Fire TabletH.D. 8 (7th Gen and older), Amazon Fire Tablet7 (7th Gen and older), Amazon Fire TabletH.D. 6, Fire HDX 8.9
2) Second APK would be of Google Services Framework
- Google Services Framework v9-4832352 – Compatible with Amazon Fire Tablet H.D. 10 (9th Gen, 11th Gen), Amazon Fire Tablet H.D. 8 (10th Gen), Amazon Fire Tablet 7 (9th Gen) on Fire O.S. 7, Amazon Fire Tablet H.D. 8 (8th Gen) on Fire O.S. 7
- Google Services Framework v7.1.2 – Compatible with Amazon Fire Tablet 7 (9th Gen) on Fire O.S. 6, Amazon Fire Tablet H.D. 8 (8th Gen) on Fire O.S. 6
3) Third APK would be of Google Play Services
- Google Play Services (64-bit ARM, nodpi, Android 9.0+) – Compatible with Amazon Fire Tablet H.D. 10 (9th Gen, 11th Gen), Amazon Fire Tablet H.D. 8 (10th Gen)
- Google Play Services (32-bit ARM, nodpi, Android 6.0+) – Compatible with Amazon Fire Tablet 7 (9th Gen)
- Google Play Services (64-bit ARM, nodpi, Android 6.0+) – Compatible with Amazon Fire Tablet H.D. 8 (8th Gen)
- Google Play Services (32-bit ARM, nodpi, Android 5.0+) – Compatible with Amazon Fire Tablet H.D. 10 (7th Gen and older), Amazon Fire Tablet H.D. 8 (7th Gen and older), Amazon Fire Tablet 7 (7th Gen and older), Amazon Fire Tablet H.D. 6, Fire HDX 8.9
4) Last APK would be of Google Play Store
- Google Play Store (universal, nodpi) – This file compatible with all Amazon Fire Tablet Models.
Important Note: On the page for your Device Model, choose the most current version of the APK, which is not a ‘Beta‘ version.
2) Download and Install Google Play Store on Amazon Fire Tablet
Now that you have downloaded all the APK files into your Amazon Fire Tablet, we can start installing them step-by-step.
1) First, open the ‘Files‘ App from the main menu.
2) Click on the ‘Downloads‘ from the side menu of the ‘Files‘ app and change it to the list view for the files. You should be able to see the 4 APK files that you downloaded.
3) It is essential to install these 4 APKs in an orderly way. For each APK, follow this process: Click on the file > select ‘Continue‘>click the ‘Install‘ option. After the file installs, click on ‘Done‘. Remember that you still do not open the Play Store yet.
Install the APK in the order stated below (the APK file names will be lengthier on your Tablet)-
After all the 4 APK files are installed, you need to restart the Tablet. Press the power button for a few seconds, and you will see the option of ‘Restart‘.
Once the Tablet reboots, you will see the Google Play Store on the home screen. Please click-open it and sign in with your Google account.
After signing in to your Google Account, you will have an operative Google Play Store. Now you can download YouTube, Gmail, and any other app you were not able to find in the Amazon Appstore.
We get that the Amazon’s Fire O.S is very simple and sorted software that has a limited set of application and does not even offer your basic Google services like Gmail, YouTube, Maps etc. amd you want to have such basic applications in your Fire Tablet as they are used on daily basis for work and whatnot.
We hope that our article’s guide on downloading the Google Play Store in Fire Tablets has helped you enjoy your Tablet a bit more and made things easier as well.
Law Graduate with knack for keeping up with latest technology news.