The Apple iPhone SE 1st Generation was released in 2016 and was the company’s attempt to provide a budget-friendly option for those looking to own an Apple iPhone. It was a combination of the Apple iPhone 5s design and the internal specs of the Apple iPhone 6s. However, with the ever-evolving smartphone market, the Apple iPhone SE 1st Generation needs to be updated.
In this article, we will explore the specifications of the Apple iPhone SE 1st Generation, why it is outdated in 2023, the benefits of selling old devices at Cashify, and three of the best upgrade options with their specifications.
Apple iPhone SE 1st Generation Specifications
Apple iPhone SE 1st Generation
The Apple iPhone SE 1st Generation was released in March 2016 and features a compact 4-inch Retina display with a resolution of 640 x 1136 pixels. The device is powered by an A9 chipset and comes with 2GB of RAM. It was available in two storage options: 16GB and 64GB.
In terms of the camera, the Apple iPhone SE 1st Generation features a 12-megapixel rear camera with a f/2.2 aperture and the ability to shoot 4K video. It also has a 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera with a f/2.4 aperture for selfies and video calls.
The device includes Touch ID for secure authentication and Apple Pay. It supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, and NFC for mobile payments. It also has a headphone jack and supports 4G LTE connectivity.
The Apple iPhone SE 1st Generation was originally launched with iOS 9.3 and is upgradable to iOS 14. However, due to the limited RAM and older chipset, the device may experience slower performance with newer software updates.
Why is the Apple iPhone SE 1st Generation outdated in 2023?
The Apple iPhone SE 1st Generation is now outdated because of the advancements in technology. The device has a small display and a lower resolution compared to newer smartphones, making it difficult to watch videos and view images.
Its camera technology is also outdated, with newer smartphones having multiple lenses and more advanced features like Night mode and portrait mode. Additionally, the A9 chipset, while still capable of running most apps, is no longer the most advanced chipset available.
How to sell Apple iPhone SE 1st Generation and receive the best buyback value?
Selling your phone on Cashify and getting the most excellent buyback value just takes a little while. Follow the instructions listed below to sell the Apple iPhone SE 1st Generation.
- Log in to the website or the mobile app of Cashify app and then continue to the sell old phone section.
- Select the brand of the device, Apple, and then choose the phone’s name. You’ll be taken to the Sell Old Apple iPhone SE 1st Generation page. Once done, you will be redirected to another page.
- You must enter the smartphone’s specs. They will provide you with the estimated buyback of the device.
- Provide information about the smartphone’s condition, functionality, and condition. This will determine the phone’s exact buyback value.
Benefits of Selling Old Devices at Cashify
Cashify is an online platform that allows users to sell their old devices for cash. Here are some benefits of selling your old Apple iPhone SE 1st Generation at Cashify:
- Get cash quickly: Selling your old device at Cashify is a fast and convenient way to get cash quickly.
- Easy process: The process of selling your device at Cashify is simple and straightforward. You just need to fill out some details about your device, and the platform will provide you with an instant quote.
- Safe and secure: Cashify ensures that your personal data is safe and secure when you sell your device. They wipe all data from the device before reselling it.
- Environmentally friendly: By selling your old device at Cashify, you are helping to reduce e-waste, which is harmful to the environment.
Best Upgrade Options
If you are looking to upgrade from your outdated iPhone SE 1st Generation, here are three of the best options available:
Apple iPhone SE (2021)
Apple iPhone SE 2021
The Apple iPhone SE 2021 is a budget-friendly smartphone that packs some of the latest technology from Apple. It features a 4.7-inch Retina HD display with True Tone and Haptic Touch and a Wide colour gamut. The phone is powered by the A13 Bionic chip with a third-generation Neural Engine, which is the same chip used in the Apple iPhone 11 models.
The rear camera is a 12MP f/1.8 Wide aperture camera with Optical image stabilization (OIS) and 4K video recording at 60 fps. The front camera is a 7MP f/2.2 aperture camera that can record 1080p HD video at 30 fps. The phone has Touch ID fingerprint authentication for added security and comes in 64GB, 128GB, or 256GB storage options. Additionally, the Apple iPhone SE 2021 is water and dust resistant with an IP67 rating and offers Gigabit-class LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, and Dual-SIM support.
Apple iPhone 11
Apple iPhone 11
The Apple iPhone 11 features a 6.1-inch Liquid Retina display, an A13 Bionic chipset, 4GB of RAM, and is available in three storage options: 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB. The device has a dual-camera system with 12-megapixel ultra-wide and wide lenses and advanced features like Night mode and Deep Fusion. It also supports wireless charging.
Apple iPhone 12
Apple iPhone 12
The Apple iPhone 12 features a 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR display, an A14 Bionic chipset, 4GB of RAM, and is available in five storage options: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB.
The device has a dual-camera system with 12-megapixel ultra-wide and wide lenses, as well as advanced features like Night mode, Deep Fusion, and Dolby Vision HDR video recording. It also supports 5G connectivity and MagSafe wireless charging.