Nokia G20 Quick Review – Is Nokia Back in the Budget Game?
Table Of Contents
- 11. 3-Days Battery Life
- 22. Camera for Creators
- 33. Clean Software Experience
- 44. Nordic Design
- 55. Connectivity & More
- 6Initial Thoughts
Highlights of the Story
- The Nokia G20 price in India starts at Rs. 12,990/-.
- It comes with 3-day long-lasting battery life.
- Nokia G20 runs on Android 11 out-of-the
Today, every brand is playing the specs war game while Nokia is playing in its league. Why do I say that? To understand it, you will have to watch the complete video or read this article. So, let’s quickly dive into the details.
1. 3-Days Battery Life
What’s the most excruciating thing about any smartphone? They run out of battery juice quickly. These days most brands are focused on offering the best charging speed on your smartphone. But literally, no one is claiming to offer 3-days battery life on their smartphone in a single charge like Nokia.
Nokia G20 comes with a 5050 mAh capacity battery and I have been using this phone for about 3 days now, and it lasted me for more than two days on more than average usage. So far I have had to charge only once. Using its 10W Charger, which is a letdown considering everyone is offering fast charging these days. But Nokia makes up for that by offering longer battery life. You will have to charge this phone once in two days, and if you use it for calling and WhatsApp messages. Expect it to last up to 3 days.
2. Camera for Creators
With its quad-camera array on the back, Nokia flaunts the 4 lens setup in its circular fashion camera module. It’s easily distinguishable from others and I honestly prefer this design to rectangular camera arrays on the corner. Sporting a 48MP primary lens, which is accompanied by a 5MP ultra-wide, 2MP Macro, and 2MP depth sensor. That completes the quadruple rear camera setup.
Nokia G20 is feature-rich with camera features and the most important camera feature has to be OZO Audio. This allows you to capture spatial audio and add a new dimension to your videos. With the rise of Instagram Reels and apps like MOJ and MX-Taka Tak. Everybody wants an affordable phone with good quality audio-visual capability. And with OZO Audio, Nokia has focused on the audio part of video recording. Further, the camera app is built with Studio-quality tools for creating high-quality audiovisuals.
Compare: Nokia G20 vs Redmi Note 10
3. Clean Software Experience
I see everybody complaining about the bloatware and an experience full of Ads in the form of pop-ups from system apps. With Nokia G20 you don’t have to worry about any such prying behaviour. Nokia keeps its operating system experience as clean as stock with a focus on only necessary modifications. Further with many data breaches, you can expect Nokia to keep your phone updated with monthly security patches. It offers 3 years of security updates.
Now speaking about the major software update, it promises two years of major Android upgrades. It runs on Android 11 out of the box, so expect updates till Android 13. Isn’t that brilliant.
4. Nordic Design
Speaking about brilliance, the design aesthetics of this phone are derived from Nordic countries, which is the home of the mobile phone maker. As a Finnish brand, Nokia brings Nordic elegance to its smartphones, and G20 isn’t left out from that design language. It comes in two Nordic-inspired colours, Night and Glacier.
Talking about the design, I would like to highlight the decision to add a dedicated Google Assistant button. It comes in handy whenever you want to call out the mighty assistant to answer your queries.
Everybody I know uses a Google Assistant on a daily basis, and what better way than to make it easier to activate your favourite assistant.
5. Connectivity & More
Now if I talk about connectivity, then I should also talk about security. It has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, probably the most intuitive placement for a physical fingerprint sensor. Diving into details about connectivity, it has dual SIM slots and a dedicated microSD card slot for expanding storage up to 512GB. Yes, 512GB.
Nokia offers 4G+ carrier aggregation on its G20. Further adding to the list is Bluetooth 5.0 support. All in all, I found Nokia G20 comes with all the standard features and more, you expect from a smartphone priced in this range.
Nokia G20 at Rs 12,990 may not be the best choice as far as a spec to price ratio is considered in the market right now. But it is a value for money as far as features to price ratio is considered.
Further, the long battery life and solid Nordic design make sure your money spent on this phone is worthwhile.
- Today, we will be talking about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T 5G which is the first 5G phone offered by Redmi. However, is this a complete budget package? We will explore the features of this phone to know the answer to this question. Let us start with the design of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10T…
- OxygenOS has been my favourite Android skin so far since its initial introduction in 2015. It’s been more than 6 years now and I can’t get around with the fact that it will soon be gone. By the next iteration of Android, we might not see OxygenOS, well maybe the name might still survive, but…
- We are going to talk about 5 reasons to buy Tecno Camon 18 in our first impressions, which makes it a great buy for its price point.
- We are going to talk about the 5 reasons why you should buy OnePlus 9R in 2022 at an effective price of Rs 36,999
- There are some things you can do from your end to prevent OnePlus Nord 2 from overheating more than it shouldn’t.