Today, we’ll be talking about the Android 13 Vs Android 12 and will be sharing the complete details about the OxygenOS 13, which will be based on Android 13 and will even roll out first in the OnePlus 10 Pro. With OxygenOS 13, the users will also get the necessary updates. Additionally, as anticipated, the new Android skin, OxygenOS 12, will be based on the ColorOS codebase and Android 13.
In this post, we’ll look at some of the most notable additions to OxygenOS 13 and read about the “ship of Theseus” thought experiment.
What is Ship of Theseus?
A Ship of Theseus is a very well-known thought experiment that investigates the subject of how anything might hold its essential characteristics even after all of its parts have been replaced. Let’s find out what the Ship of Theseus is in detail.
In this experiment, the owner of the house replaced the old planks as they decayed with the new wooden planks. And in the coming future years, the owner will also replace the other old planks piece by piece. Over the years, the house remained the same. Furthermore, even the people residing in the house are the same, but no original wooden pieces will not be there. Every part of that house is replaced with new wooden planks. Is that house now the same old one, or is it completely new? So, giving thought likewise, Is the OxygenOS the same, or may it retain its features or come up with a completely new version?
Definition of OxygenOS
OxygenOS is an Android-based operating system with a clean & bloatware-free experience, crisp animations & optimised user interface. And, of course, you’ll get the OnePlus vibes from OxygenOS.
- Clean and bloatware-free experience: Well, OxygenOS is known for its bloatware-free and clean experience that you usually do not get in Xiaomi, IQOO, realme etc. So, third-party apps like Moj, Dailyhunt, and Chingari are known as the bloat that occupies the space in your smartphones. You’ll find them installed on the phone whether you need them or not. However, no such apps were found in OxygenOS 13, and bloatware will never be a problem for you. Moreover, the companies can integrate ads by lock screen magazine. The standard feature in ColorOS12 is that the ads are displayed on the lock screen. However, this feature didn’t come to OnePlus due to premium and tech-aware users.
- Crisp animations & optimised user interface: Surprisingly, the ColorOS has improved significantly over time. And the users will get a better experience while using the phone and the apps.
OxygenOS 13 Vs ColorOS 12: Key Features
- The font and the icons: The users will get better visibility in OxygenOS 13 compared to the previous OxygenOS. Also, the features borrowed from ColorOS will add a better user experience to OxygenOS. Furthermore, the icon pull-down gesture feature will help the users to access the home screen icons with one hand only.
- Themes: Next are the themes that are also borrowed from ColorOS, and the feature is worth it. Furthermore, you can customise your phone with the update.
- Additionally, apps like private safe, hidden apps, and app lock features were already available in OxygenOS. However, after the ColorOS merger, the features got better. Kids space, Zen mode, and Simple mode are the three modes inspired by ColorOS, but these features can improve your experience in OxygenOS.
- Users will also get the Omoji in OxygenOS 13 that are pretty impressive, but as compared to iPhone emojis, they are a little less expressive.
- Furthermore, spatial audio support is available to the users.
- Users will also experience a change in notifications layout, which adds a better experience.
- In addition, two features are added to the OnePlus that are music control and delivery updates. The features allow you to control the music on always on display. But more improvements are still expected for now.
- Lock screen keypad: In OxygenOS 12, the lock screen was pushed to the centre. However, with the upgrade in the OxygenOS 13, it is again moved to the bottom.
In terms of features and functionalities, OxygenOS 13 may currently resemble ColorOS 12 in appearance. However, OxygenOS 13’s user interface will use a material design and offer more updated features.
Thinking about purchasing a new phone? To get the best resale value and doorstep services? Sell old phone online on Cashify. Additionally, you can recycle old phone online from the convenience of your home and promptly receive the cash!
I’m an enthusiastic writer with a passion for technology. I enjoy writing and sharing my expertise and experiences with the latest gadgets in the market.