Table Of Contents
- 1Apple Will Be Assisting People With Disabilities
- 2Live Caption Feature
Highlights of the Story
- Apple’s Door Detection will work with devices carrying a LiDAR sensor.
- Apple Watch Mirroring is designed to ease Apple Watch controls.
- VoiceOver is getting 20 new locales and languages.
Apple revealed some new features aiming at assisting users with disabilities on Tuesday. The new features, which will be available later this year on the iPhone, Watch, and Mac. These are to use hardware, software, and machine learning advancements. In order to assist people with low vision or who are visually impaired. As well as those with physical or motor disabilities. Door Detection for iPhone and iPad users, Apple Watch Mirroring, and live captions are among the features.
The company also announced VoiceOver updates, including 20 new locales and languages. One of the most useful accessibility features introduced by the company in its recent updates is Door Detection. This feature uses the LiDAR sensor on the latest iPhone or iPad models to help users locate a door.
Apple Will Be Assisting People With Disabilities
According to the company, the feature uses a combination of LiDAR, camera. It also uses on-device machine learning to understand how far users are from the door and describe the door’s attributes, such as whether it is open or closed.
When the door shuts, the Door Detection feature can assist individuals in trying to open it by pushing, having to turn a knob, or trying to pull a handle. It is also claiming to be able to read signs and symbols around the door, such as the room number, and to detect the presence of an accessible entrance symbol.
The Door Detection feature will be available through the pre-installed Magnifier app. This will work with the Apple iPhone 13 Pro, Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max, Apple iPhone 12 Pro, Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max, Apple iPad Pro 11 2020, Apple iPad Pro 11 2021, and Apple iPad Pro 12.9 2020 and Apple iPad Pro 12.9 2021.
Live Caption Feature
The Door Detection feature will be accessible via a new Detection Mode in Apple’s Magnifier app. People Detection and Image Descriptions will be two new features. This can work alone or in tandem with Door Detection to assist people who are visually impaired or have low vision.
Along with the Magnifier updates, Maps will get sound and haptic feedback for users who have VoiceOver enabled to help them identify the starting point for walking directions, the company announced.
Company said that Apple Watch Mirroring uses hardware and software integration on the system. It is including AirPlay advancements, to allow users to use features including Blood Oxygen and Heart Rate tracking and Mindfulness app. The mirroring feature will work with the Watch Series 6 and later model
Smartwatch users will also be able to use the double-pinch gesture. Users will be able to use the double-pinch gesture to answer or end a phone call, dismiss a notification, take a photo, play or pause media in the Now Playing app, and start, pause, or resume a workout. It will be compatible with Watch AssistiveTouch.
According to the company, Live Captions will work with any audio content. It will be including phone and FaceTime calls, video conferencing or social media apps, streaming media content, and even when users are conversing with someone next to them.
- iQOO smartphones are doing well in the market because they have an understanding of the desires of an Indian consumer, a good smartphone at a reasonable price. Read this article if you are confused about which phone to buy between iQOO Neo 6 and iQOO 7. Also read: New OnePlus Phone Tipped To Launch With…
- If you frequently travel on Delhi Metro, you must have noticed that the internet does not work well during peak hours and when the metro goes through underground tunnels. We tested both Jio and Airtel while travelling from Noida to Gurugram. Although this is not a scientific experiment, we tried to be as fair as…
- iQOO Neo 6, with its price range similar to iQOO 7 and OnePlus Nord 2, directly competes with them. Both of them were the best mid-range smartphones of the previous year. Let’s find out the similarities, differences and which phone among these three at the price of Rs. 30,000 will suit you the most. Also…
- Xiaomi 12 Pro comes with high-end specifications, but while paying Rs. 70,000 a user thinks they should buy an iPhone rather than a Xiaomi phone. They are buying an Apple iPhone 13 or a feature-packed Xiaomi mi 12 Pro in this price range; what would be a better option? Let’s find out! Also read: iPhone…
- iPhone 13 is a charming device with excellent specs, but what if you can get the same hardware in a compact size; enter Apple iPhone 13 Mini. This pocket size performance packed mobile phone is a charmer when it comes to features, looks and usability. So, if you’re confused about whether you should buy the…