Xiaomi has recently rolled out the Android 11-based MIUI 12.5 update for their Redmi Note 9 series of smartphones. Now, the company is rolling out the MIUI 12.5 update to their Redmi 8 series of smartphones as well. These smartphones include the Redmi 8, the Redmi 8A and the Redmi 8A Dual.
Additionally, the company is also rolling out the July security patch bundled with it. The latest Android 11-based MIUI 12.5 update brings several changes and features to the smartphones. Without any further ado, here is a quick rundown of everything you need to know about the update.
Xiaomi Redmi 8 Android 11-Based MIUI 12.5 Update Details
The MIUI 12.5 update for the Redmi 8 series of smartphones comes with the firmware versions of V12.5.10.QCNINXM, V184.108.40.206.QCPINXM and V220.127.116.11.QCQINXM, respectively. Additionally, as mentioned before, the latest update for the smartphone also brings along the latest July security patch.
Moreover, the MIUI 12.5 update also brings a refreshed Notes App. The new version of the Notes App allows users to doodle, sketch, choose dynamic layouts and more. The complete changelog for the new update is as follows:
MIUI 12.5 Update: Changelog
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Updated Android Security Patch to July 2021. Increased system security.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
Moreover, this is an incremental update and will gradually roll out to all users in stages. If you want to check for the update on your Redmi 8 series smartphone, navigate to Settings app > Software update.
Tech enthusiast, gamer and somebody for whom music acts as a life capsule. Nothing fascinates me more than catchy headlines and John Mayer's guitar mastery.